PROGRAM AND DATA EVALUATION ASSOCIATE OPENING
TSSC is looking for a highly motivated, passionate, and thoughtful individual who is committed to the work of advancing the legal interests of Black women survivors of intimate partner abuse and sexual assault. This person is responsible for overseeing program evaluation. This is an ideal position for candidates seeking an opportunity to work in a small, non-profit environment while making high organizational impacts.
This is a NEW position, and thus applicants should be excited about co-creating and
independently building new procedures and infrastructure to support programmatic
growth. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with all
members of the TSSC team.
Essential Job Responsibilities
This job description provides a general guideline to duties and responsibilities expected and essential for this new position. It is not all inclusive and the actual position may vary as circumstances indicate or as determined by the team.
- Complete internal program evaluations and strengthen the capacity of TSSC to measure
and document Black women and girl survivors of domestic and sexual violence’s needs,
interventions, and outcomes
- Work with specific programs to design and implement evaluation plans, as well as
provide feedback to foster improvement
- Design, modify, and administer data collection instruments such as surveys and questionnaires
- Customize and maintain TSSC’s data collection systems
- Train staff for data collection and data entry
- Train staff to develop program logic models
- Conduct data management and data analysis
- Prepare evaluation reports that summarize TSSC’s demographic, output, and outcome
- Disseminate evaluation results to TSSC partners and stakeholders, including federal and local agencies, foundations, and community organizations
- Promote a culture of reflection and learning among the TSSC staff and participants
- Design interview guides and focus group or “listening sessions” moderator guides as
needed, conduct interviews and listening sessions and share results with staff
We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not a 100% match with the position. We are looking for someone with relevant skills and experience, not a checklist that exactly matches the job description. We want to help you grow and in return, you help us grow into a stronger, more inclusive organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, public health, sociology, or related field that includes background on research and evaluation, outcome measurement, and statistics. Master’s degree preferred
- For applicants with Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of two years’ experience in research,
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving
and role modelling values
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally
- Develops and encourages new and innovative practices
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
- Experience of remote managing programs
- Experience of, and commitment to, working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
Access, Equity, and Inclusion
TSSC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TSSC is committed to building a culturally diverse team and to providing professional development opportunities. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, disabled, and/or members of otherwise marginalized groups.
Compensation and Benefits
At TSSC we prioritize flexibility and work-life balance. This position is part-time, up to 20
hours/week at $30/hour. We are committed to leadership development and prioritize continuing education opportunities for all staff. As this is an independent contractor position, the organization does not provide employee benefits (i.e. health insurance coverage, paid vacation or sick leave, retirement, paid family leave, Social Security, Medicare, unemployment tax, or any other benefits).
Please send a resume and cover letter to executive director, Alana C. Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that your cover letter details not only your relevant work experience but also your mission alignment with our work, and how diversity, equity, and inclusion guides the work you do. Applicants seeking a long-term relationship with TSSC will get first consideration. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with a target start date of April 1, 2023.