(Co-Applicants for Fellowship Program Requests for Application)
The Safe Sisters Circle is currently seeking survivor centered and culturally competent 3rd year law students or recent graduates with a passion for serving Black women survivors to collaborate in applying for legal fellowship funding through the Equal Justice Works or Skadden Fellowship programs. The candidate will work collaboratively with the Executive Director to develop a fundable project idea and produce a competitive application proposal for the funders’ Requests for Applications (RFA). Individuals who are passionate about working with Black women survivors and have a vision/ project proposal for tailored and/or enhanced services are encouraged to apply. The Safe Sisters Circle will host and support the legal work of the fellow if funding is awarded. Note, this position is contingent upon a successful application and funding awarded by one of the fellowship program funders. We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate and culturally competent individual who is committed to the work of advancing the legal interests of Black women survivors of intimate partner abuse. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
The links to the above described fellowships are below:
What We are Looking for in a Candidate
- Recent law school graduate or enrollment in 3rd year of law school;
- Passion for working to improve the quality of legal service and the legal remedies available to Black women survivors of intimate partner abuse;
- A demonstrated history of working in advocacy on behalf of survivors;
- Litigation experience or internships with litigation based organizations;
- Cultural competency and trauma informed training a plus;
- An ability to work collaboratively in the development of a holistic, culturally competent and supportive legal fellowship program project proposal;
- Individuals with prepared project proposals that include holistic and supportive service with a specific focus on reaching and supporting survivors of color are encouraged to apply;
- Passion for and willingness to promote the mission of The Safe Sisters Circle.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter (including a clear statement of why you are interested in this position) and writing sample to Alana Brown, Executive Director of The Safe Sisters Circle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Diverse applicants encouraged to apply.