PART TIME TRAUMA INFORMED COUNSELOR
We are excited to hire a survivor centered and culturally competent person, who is passionate in supporting and healing the mental health of survivors Domestic Violences and or Interpersonal Violence living primarily in Wards 7 and 8. You will be joining the grassroots team of The Safe Sisters Circle’s Mental Health Justice Clinic, which is the newly developed clinical department of The Safe Sister Circle, which focuses on the mental health needs of Black women.
In this position you will facilitate short term trauma informed care in order to support clients with starting their mental health healing journey. Alongside treatment you are further tasked with providing psychodynamic education, assessing and screening for self harm, in order to reduce mental health barriers and disparities within this population. You will report directly to the Clinical Manager, who will provide clinical support and ongoing supervision
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess for trauma and safety during the initial and after the initial intake process.
- Collaborate with each client to Create individualized treatment goals .
- Complete initial diagnostic assessment
- Manage and provide weekly evidence- based trauma focused short term interventions
- Participate in weekly supervision with the Clinical Manager
- Assess the progress of clients by using evidence based tools and scales
- Adhere to all clinical policies and procedures
- Update community mental health resource guide
- Other duties as signed
We are looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
- A license LGSW to practice psychotherapy under the supervision of an independently licensed provider in the District of Columbia.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Word; knowledge of patient confidentiality issues and HIPAA compliance/regulation are essential.
- Highly organized and can communicate effectively
- Able to work independently
- Previous experience as a behavioral health therapist preferred
- Previous work with DV/IVP survivors or has a strong desire to work with this population.
- Must have access to stable internet during off site work hours
Tour of Duty: Confidential location
Access, Equity, and Inclusion
TSSC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TSSC is committed to building a culturally diverse team and to providing professional development opportunities. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, disabled, and/or members of otherwise marginalized groups.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a Contract position, and is Part Time (20 hours per week) with a compensation of $35/hour.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Alana C. Brown, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Please ensure that your cover letter details not only your relevant work experience but also your mission alignment with our work, and how diversity, equity, and inclusion guides the work you do. Applicants seeking a long-term relationship with TSSC will get first consideration.