BOARD OF DIRECTORS OPENING
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be dedicated to advancing TSSC’s mission and programs to ensure growth and sustainability.
- Attend and participate in 4 quarterly Board Meetings per year and subcommittee meetings and events as needed to fully engage in financial administrative and programmatic oversight of the organization.
- Commit to giving at least $1000 annually to maintain TSSC solvency ensure its sustainability.
- Host at least one event/meeting yearly to introduce TSSC to new partners and
open doors to other networks of people interested in the organization’s mission and programs.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by TSSC’s mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote TSSC’s mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with TSSC’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of TSSC.
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports.
- Length of term: two years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms, pending approval of the board.
- Types of expertise needed: Development and Event Planning, Communication, Evaluation, Financial Management, HR, Governance, Fundraising
- A willingness to contribute your skills, knowledge, ideas and influence
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Proven initiative and follow through
- Strategic, visionary and critical thinker; able to think outward and forward
- Clear understanding of board role and the Executive Director role
- Flexibility/ability to plan for and manage change
- Diversity and team approach to leadership; consensus builder
- Previous board/volunteer experience preferable
How To Apply
This is an opportunity for you to have an exponential impact in the communities we
serve. If you are interested in learning more about TSSC, please visit
www.safesisterscircle.org or contact our Executive Director, Alana C. Brown, at